Thursday, July 28, 2005

Late parties and early work with no sleep don't mix very well...

Well, last night my friend Matt had a farewell party thing because he is leaving in a few days for Portland to go to culinary school. It really worked out well that he had the party, because we're pretty much all  leaving for college, and there would be no way that we could all have different farewells. Most of "the group" made it to the party as well as some of next year's seniors (the "young'uns", as I call them). It was good to be all in the same room again. We haven't done that since graduation. Well, we've tried, but not everyone has made it. Matt made some good food for us--YUM!! And then we all went downstairs where entertainment ensued. Some played ping pong, others played DDR ( I hate that game...) or Halo 2, and then others of us just talked and caught up on each others' goings on. Kara was there. We didn't say a word to each other the entire time. That's the way I like it. Everything she ever says to me is always either nagging, or condescending. I have come to a point where I can't even stand being around her anymore. She thinks everyone should watch or listen to HER all the time. It drives me nuts. Whatever, though. She'll be up at Utah State in about a month and then she'll wake up and realize that NO ONE CARES.
So anyway, I was at the party until about 1 or 2 (give or take a half hour or so...) and then I went home and couldn't sleep, so I watched TV forEVER. Finally, I made myself go to sleep around five because I had to be up at ten for work orientation crap. I must say that the 'snooze' button on my alarm clock is like my first boyfriend--I like it a lot, but it gets me into SO much trouble. I didn't actually wake up until about 9:56 because of that dirty little button.... Luckily enough for me, I live life on the edge--my middle name is it's just Stupid. Anyway, I'm an expert speed-dresser, so I got ready in two minutes flat--clothes, hair, sanitary requirements, etc. and was out the door before I could even give my good morning yawn.
Orientation started about two point three seconds after I got there (I only live a hop, skip, and a jump away from work) and lasted four and a half hours. I must tell you it was the most boring sixth of a day EVER. The other lady there with me, though, was really cool. We talked a lot (mostly during the "Why do people steal?" video) about family and stuff. She's a native of Arizona--a Navajo. I learned a lot about her and really got to know her well. The restaurant comped our lunch and then we had to go to CBTs -- THE EMBODIMENT OF ALL THE EVIL IN THE WESTERN WORLD. I finally got outta there, but I have to go back at six tomorrow morning for training. That means I actually have to go to bed tonight--preferably before midnight...weird... I'll probably be pulling a full shift, so I won't be home until about 2ish. Maybe that will help me keep my mind off of Spencer. Ya think?

*Imported from my first blog on*

No comments:

Post a Comment